Paper Giant is committed to respecting and protecting your privacy and personal information by fully complying with the Privacy Act 1988 and Australian Privacy Principles.
Photos from research interviews conducted by Paper Giant
Photos from research interviews conducted by Paper Giant
What personal information do we collect from you?
We collect personal information about you when you provide such data directly to us, or when your personal information is automatically collected in your connection with your use of our website or our services.
Personal information we collect directly from you might include:
- name, residential address, occupation, residential address, email or telephone contact details;
- opinions and reactions to testing and research, including your personal experiences and opinions;
- bank account or financial details;
- and usernames for third party services.
Some personal information is automatically collected when you use our website, such as the following:
- IP address;
- device identifiers;
- web browser information;
- page view statistics;
- browsing history;
- usage information;
- cookies and other tracking technologies (e.g. web beacons, pixel tags, SDKs, etc.);
- and log data (e.g. access times, hardware and software information).
How do we use your personal information?
We process personal information to carry out our business purposes, as well as to operate, improve, understand and personalise our website and services. For example, we may use your personal information:
- to provide advisory design services to both public and private sector clients;
- to undertake research and testing as part of our functions as a design consultancy (such as aggregated information derived from market research);
- to maintain subscriber records for our publications; and to promote and market our activities.
How do we collect your personal information?
Wherever possible and appropriate we will ask for you directly for your consent to collect, hold or share any personal information. Ways in which we collect your personal information include:
- online forms;
- notes from research interviews;
- surveys (hard copy or online);
- information associated with accessing and using our website;
- over the telephone;
- in person;
- in your emails or other correspondence sent to us.
When dealing with personal information in a research context, we de-identify that information prior to storing it.
In particular circumstances personal information may not be de-identified, in which case we will deal with personal information collected in the course of research in accordance with the Privacy Act, and otherwise in accordance with the specific consent you have provided as a precondition to that research.
How do we store your personal information?
We are committed to ensuring the security of your information. To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the appropriate use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
We use appropriate encryption when collecting or transferring sensitive data.
Any personal information we collect is held on our IT systems. These systems are password protected and, where required, only certain people are authorised to access the information. We are also required to comply with Australian government policies in relation to storage and security of information, information about which can be obtained from Paper Giant on request.
We may use third parties to store some personal information on servers in Australia or overseas, but only where steps have been taken to ensure that the third parties comply with our privacy obligations and where to do so does not breach our obligations to our clients and website users.
What rights do you have in relation to personal information held by us?
You have certain rights regarding your personal information. To submit a request in respect of your rights, please email email@example.com.
Please note that we may not be able to fully comply with your request, if it is frivolous or impractical, if it jeopardises the rights of others, or if it is not required by law. In those circumstances, we will still respond to notify you of such a decision.
We may also need you to provide us with additional information, which may include further personal information, if necessary, to verify your identity and the nature of your request.
Your rights include:
- Access. You can request access to the personal information we hold about you and request a copy of the same.
- Rectification. If you believe that any personal information we are holding about you is incorrect or incomplete, you can request that we correct or supplement such data.
- Erasure. You can request that we erase some or all of your personal information from our systems.
- Withdrawal of Consent. If we are processing your personal information based on your consent (as indicated at the time of collection of such data), you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. In some cases, withdrawing consent may ensure that you are unable to access the website or our services.
- Portability. You can ask for a copy of your personal information in a machine-readable format (if practical).
- Objection. You can contact us to let us know that you object to the further use or disclosure of your personal information.
- Restriction of Processing. You can ask us to restrict further processing of your personal information.
What do you do if you have a complaint, request or query?
If you wish to speak to someone about privacy at Paper Giant please contact:
Melbourne: +61 (03) 9112 0514
Canberra: +61 (02) 5619 2826